Why you should look through the abstracts
before the meeting.
Plan your schedule before.
- Things get hectic during the meeting.
- Many meetings provide WEB SITES which allow you to
search topics of interest and arrange a schedule.
Plan to attend some review type talks.
- You are just beginning your career. Get a feel for where
science is going in areas outside your current field of interest.
- Perhaps there is something out there that fits your interests and aptitudes perfectly.
- The large review type talks are ideal for
- They also break up the day nicely and let you take the weight off your feet.
Think of a few good questions to ask.
- By reading the abstracts in your field before hand, you can formulate questions on
things that you might not have fully understood.
- Listening to a poster is a lot more fun
when you have questions to ask (presenting a
poster is also more fun when questions are asked).
What are the main players in your field up
- When presenting a poster it is useful to recognize
who your visitor is, what their interests are, and how your work relates to theirs.
It is never too early to start planning the next
step in your career.
- Think of what skills/techniques might be
useful in your future.
- Schedule a visit to these posters/slide shows.
Copyright © 1995
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
University of Western Ontario
London Ontario Canada
Created 28 Sept 1995
10 January 2007