Before starting this section, get a piece of paper
and do the following.
- Stop for a moment and think of what you would like to be doing 10 years from now. What
is plan B? To see the possible options, look through some job ads. Try Science's Annual survey of the top 20 life science employers for 2010. .
- What are some attributes that you think are required of
- What factors should you consider in selected a future
- So now that you know where you are going, the next step is to select your next
- Try to recall the questions you asked when you interviewed for your current position.
- List three qualities to look for in your next supervisor.
- List three attributes to avoid.
- List three things to consider when selecting your next project.
- Compare this to the advice M. L. Dermer gives on the WEB.
Copyright © 1995
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
University of Western Ontario
London Ontario Canada
Created 28 Sept 1995
November 20, 2011